Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yes Please

Hi friends!

Lauren Liess from Pure Style Home 
Well, I am going to give you a break from my wedding for a few days talk about my house for a hot second. Nate and I moved into a rental house when we married, and it is pure awesomeness!  It is in the woods, rugged with exposed beams, and it is better than any starter home we could have imagined as a new married couple!  Remember, the house is a rental, so very few updates have been done to the house in the last 10 to 15 years.  There are some pretty funky colors on the walls, and I don't think I have every seen so much wood framing in a house.  The potential is there though and we I am trying to make this rental home as charming as I can without a complete redo (since we don't own it.) You guys will get to see the house soon, but first, lets talk about bedrooms.
The master bedroom is getting there, but I am in the middle of working on the guest bedroom.  I painted it this green color, which I am not so sure about.  I wanted to lighten it up, but now it looks a little too country.  I have been searching for inspiration, and of course Lonny Magazine has given me so many beautiful ideas, that I don't even know where to start!
Love the mixture of an oriental rug with  light fabrics in this room.

Maybe I should go darker on the wall with some of the light fabrics I have already

Ummm...Vignette on the right please.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment