Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Dinner Party

     I love throwing a dinner party.  My favorite kind of weekend is getting my home ready for such an event and I find that it becomes sort of therapeutic.  We are having thanksgiving at our house this year (we got a turkey roaster for our wedding, so bring it on!) so I figured I would start sprucing things up.  We also had a dinner party for some work friends on Sunday night, so something needed to happen with the dining space quickly!
I used brown wrapping paper as my table runner and got busy recovering those ugly office chairs.  A few old wine bottles as candle holders and little old bottles for flowers gave it a good fall touch.

Before- What a mess!

After-Feeling much more put together!



     Some of my favorites in this room are the old buffet made from an old file cabinet painted white and set with a mirror, old botanical prints from an antique store, the lamp was a hand me down from another teacher's classroom, and the big metal piece on the wall is an antique tile used on the ceiling of an old building in town.  
     I really didn't know if I would like the blue wall, but I love it and it gives the dining area its own separate space in the big living area.  

1 comment: